Friday, April 3, 2009

Kashmir language keyboard

I am pleased to share with you that Fedora (linux) operating system has a kashmiri language keyboard now.
I contributed the keyboard mapping to Fedora(redhat) and it has become a part of the m17n (language pack) library. It will be available in the current fedora version 10, with the next update release of m17n contrib. You can check out the kashmiri keyboard in the cvs repository of fedora at

kashmiri keymap

It is dedicated to all those who love the language and most importantly my mom(Razia Yehya), dad (Mohammad Yehya), my wife Shamima, brothers (Manzoor, Shafaat and Firoz), and ishrat didi.

-Nayeem

4 comments:

Imran U Tak said...

asak brother
You really deserve accoldates for this achievement.
Not many people are able to give back to the society then come from.

keep up the good work.

Nayeem said...

wa'alaikumsalaam Imran.

Thanks a lot for your kind words and keep praying for peace in Kashmir.
A lot of my friends including yourself are something that Kashmir is proud of. I get inspired by all of you.

Anonymous said...

that is definitely what I was searching for, You have saved me alot of time

Anonymous said...

This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions. Thanks